Marocco Trip to Atlas mountains and Sahara
Marocco tour. As a child, did you dream of being in the magical place where Aladdin and Jasmine fell in love? Walk through the Oriental Bazaar, discover the desert riding camels and fly over the city on a flying carpet. An oriental fairy tale has long been not only animation – everything that you pictured in your mind when thinking of the “magical east” – comes to life in Morocco! The journey that WeWalk has prepared for you has absorbed the most extraordinary parts of this mysterious magical land.
On an adventure across North Africa, we will climb Mount Toubkal, overlooking the entire Atlas Massif and the Sahara Desert, plunge into the atmosphere of traditional Moroccan cities, walk a caravan through the sands of the Sahara and finish our voyage surfing the Atlantic waves! We do not need heavy backpacks and tents – it is more pleasant to imbue the love of Morocco with light and staying in hospitable traditional houses – riads, small lodges and mountain climbing shelters! Twelve fabulous days in Morocco in which our guides will become your “genies of the lamp” to show you how wishes come true!
Anyone can safely go on this trip, regardless of experience and physical condition. The light backpacks and the overnight stays in comfortable and authentic guest houses make this experience possible for everyone, regardless of age and physical fitness. To climb Toubkal, you will need mountain boots and membrane-protected clothing, but everything can be rented on the spot right before the ascent.
All overnight stays during the trip are held in guest houses, hostels and mountain huts, which have everything we need for a comfortable stay. Meals are served in guest houses or local cafes and restaurants. The weather in Morocco is warm all year round, but it is worth remembering that at night the temperature drops to 5-10 degrees Celsius, and also that we will find snow on our ascent to Toubka. Taking a fleece and a jacket to stay in the mountains is recommended.
ELEVEN DAYS OF PURE ADVENTURES
Small groups up to 16 people
Key elements of the adventure
- climbing Mount Toubkal (4167 m), the highest peak in North Africa
- camel ride in the Sahara Desert
- overnight in a Bedouin camp
- desert sandboarding
- Insider guided tours of ancient cities – Marrakech, Ouarzazate, Ait Ben Haddou, Essaouira
- a tour of the world’s most popular film studio Atlas Studios, where many blockbusters and Game of Thrones were filmed
- local exotic cuisine
- amazingly revitalizing Moroccan hammam
- surfing the waves of the Atlantic
- acquaintance with the Berber culture
- three meals a day on the trekking part of the route
- breakfast for the whole trip
- all transfers
- entrance to national parks
- accommodation in riads, hotels and mountain huts
- Sandboarding in the Sahara
- Moroccan hammam
- rent of crampons for climbing
- Camel safari in the Sahara and overnight in a Bedouin camp
- entrance to the Atlas Studios
- entrance fees to museums
- guide services
- consultation and selection of plane tickets
- full informational support in the process of preparing and getting ready for the hike
- selection of the necessary equipment (rental or purchase)
- first aid kit
- plane tickets
- Travel insurance
- food in cafes and restaurants in the cities
We’ll get in touch with you.